Membership is open to any company licenced in the District of North Vancouver or the District of West Vancouver. New members pay a nominal $20.00 membership, and from time to time a renewal amount as needed. These funds allow us to hold meetings, and to file annual Freedom of Information requests.
Any company operating on the North Shore may become a member if they:
a) Are licenced and insured
b) Respect the District bylaws
c) Work together positively with other companies
d) Have paid the current annual membership dues
We assume that every company is welcome.
We do not require that any member subscribe to a specific animal handling philosophy.
The NSPDA offers:
- Representation at both the District of West Vancouver and the District of North Vancouver.
- Is often asked for comment by local media on topics retailed to dogs and walking.
- Hosts occasional meetings and workshops for members.
- Maintains an active member email list for tips, suggestions, and for passing on new clients.
- Maintains a designated WhatsApp channel used for emergency communication between walkers in the event of lost dogs, wild life, traffic jams, and other timely problems.
- Annually files Freedom of Information r(FOI) requests with both municipalities asking for copies of all complaints relevant to our industry. This allows us to understand where improvements can be made, and what the priorities are for each of the Districts.
- Regularly contributes to task forces and consultations on trails use and regualtion.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the North Shore Mountain Bike Association and other trail user groups.